Sunday, June 22, 2008

Blog Revisited

Well, I realized today that it has been 6 months since I had orginally set up this blog. I started because most of my friends have well established blogs and it seemed like a really good way to keep in touch with everyone, something that I have been lacking in lately. Thanks 2 of my good friends, Selene and Carla, for reminding me of this. So, this seems like a good time to get back into the swing of things.

June 12th marked our 2 year Anniversary of living on the island of Sicily. This means we have 1 more year to go, and yes, I am counting down. As amazing as it is to say we live in Europe the truth is, I really miss being "home" in the States. Jacob and I haven't been back for 1 year. I honestly didn't think I would make it this long. It's been rough. I am homesick. I have come very close a few times to buying tickets "home."

I have finally decided it's not worth working here. It's only taken me 2 years to be content with this decision. I might as well enjoy my last year of not having to work. I know when we return to the States next year I will have to. Especially if we buy a house and I want to continue with my "retail therapy." Yes, I enjoy shopping without any questions asked.

Last weekend we went Germany. It was amazing! I cannot wait to go back. We went with a group to LegoLand on Saturday. Sunday we went exploring on our own to Munich. That is a really funny story that I might share later. Monday we went to the town of Ulm to see the largest church Steeple.

Jacob was 2 1/2 in May. He is all boy to say the least. He loves Pixar Cars, Thomas and Friends, dinosaurs, running, jumping, bugs, and talking. Acutally, he is hardly ever quiet. Even at night he talks in his sleep sometimes. And to think I was worried a year ago because he wasn't saying much at all. . .

We have some more travel planned over the next 6 months and hope to have some family and friends visit during our last year here.

Stay tuned to read about our Munich adventure and pics (I have to figure out how to download pics to a blog)

Ciao!

3 comments:

Sheena said...

Ahh! I love reading blogs! lol I'll be checking back often. :) Welcome to the blogging world. See you later!

Lindsay said...

yay.. you're back!

Sara Best said...

I'm go glad you have a blog! I've been counting down until you get back, too. I've got to be better about e-mailing with you on a regular basis. Talk to you soon!