Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The Latest Happenings

Hi Again! Well, our second week back was good. The weather is cooperating more, so more sun less rain. Jacob and I planted some sunflower seeds last week and they sprouted within 4 days. He is so excited and checks on them everytime he goes out, which is several times a day because he has to come out with whoever is taking Star out.

Jacob is enjoying his time with the grandparents and I think they are enjoying him just as much. Tim and I are enjoying the extra help which has allowed us to take walks after dinner alone, do some shopping by ourselves, and even get to have a date night. I cannot tell you how great it was to sit at a restaurant uninterrupted and relax.

The other day Jacob said to Tim "we are happy here" isn't that sweet? We can tell he is really loving the US. It is funny to see him still picking up on things that he didn't see in Sicily. For example, a trip to Shell gas is fun because they have a shell on their sign and he says we are getting "shelly gas" The chili on the Chili's sign he has called a banana, sausage, and whatever else comes to mind as we drive past. He has gotten over the novality mailboxes and garages.

Saturday we headed to the Strawberry festival in Lincoln. It wasn't what we expected. We were expecting it to be like the one in Plant City, Florida which is like a fair. This was extreamly small and the strawberries were not worth the price. The big excitment seemed to be the hula hoop contest. No joke! It was a morning out though.

This week I have gotten some things we need for the new house. Next Monday (Memorial Day) is our 7th Wedding Anniversary and we will spend it in the car driving 6.5 hours to Birmingham to close on our house on Wednesday the 27th. We will then be there until June 5th or 6th hagning blinds, getting a new fridge, washer/dryer, and hopefully our storage shipment. It's in the air if the express shipment will be there. Our inspection was done last week and we are waiting on the report. We figured we should get one even though it's new construction since we couldn't be there earlier to check things out. Tim will leave for Pensacola then and not come back to NC. Jacob and I will come back to NC and stay until the end of June, beginning of July. At some point during that we all have to meet in Atlanta to pick up the other car which as of the other day is in the ocean. A good sign it's on it's way.

While in Alabama, we also need to try and sign Jacob up for pre-school. I called the church yesterday and need to speak with the director about tution prices and days and if he can even get a spot. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I've also been looking for a local MOM's club to pass the time. Jacob needs to be kept busy and socialize. So I hope all this works out.

Speaking of school, the other day Jacob said "Mommy, you need to go to work so I can go to school again." he is really missing his school. This of course opened the whole "Should Andrea go back to work" debate. I say yes, but have to wait until we get a good idea of Tim's schedule before I can commit to anything. I am ready to go back 1-2 shifts a week. I was able to renew my RN license just before we moved so now I just need to look into the AL licensing process. No test thankfully justa lot of paperwork. I'm still leaning toward looking for something in January but we'll see how things play out over the next 6 months. My goal at the moment is to get the house set up and getting Jacob settled and in a routine before I get involved in work.

Have a great week and Memorial Day weekend. Hope to find some Wi-Fi while in AL to pop in :)

No comments: