Friday, May 8, 2009

Our 1st Week Back

Today marks our first full week back in the US. American life is agreeing with us quite nicely. We are all a little calmer, less grouchy and all smiles. We are all on track with our sleep. Up until today, I was ready to pass out by 3pm every afternoon. We've spent our first week hitting the stores, but not too hard. We got new cell phones on Monday. My phone in Italy was horrible. It was a Sony but not very user friendly and Tim would get annoyed that it was never on, charged, or with me. Now I am back to a normal flip phone that is very easy to use. If you want the number let me know. I went with Verizon, so all you Verizon people, we can talk for free. I didn't get all those bells and whistles like texting, internet, etc. I love you all but don't need constant contact when I am out and about :)

I started getting some new goodies for the house. A new house deserves some new things. I have to wait until we move in to get the bulk of what we really need but I have a nice start. This week we ironed out the closing time and date, as well as when we will get there. Looks like we will be driving to Alabama on our 7 year wedding anniversary. Not exactly what I had planned but it will have to do.

Today mom and I had a girls day out. So nice. Spent my afternoon in craft stores and Barnes and Noble. It was the first time in 2 years I've had 4 hours to shop with no husband or child. It was heaven! Tim and Jacob spent the afternoon at the park.

Jacob is adjusting well. It's funny to hear all the things that are "new" to him after living mostly in Europe on a base. He finds garages and mailboxes fascinating. In housing we had carports and no mailboxes. All mail went though Tim's work. We went for a walk tonight after dinner and Jacob asked if he could open all the mailboxes. LOL! Of couse we squashed that. He keeps asking to go to school so he is missing his friends and his little routine. We'll have to work on something in the coming days.

Our weather thus far has been rainy. We had one nice day but were out and about. Jacob has a nice little assortment of gardening supplies here and some sunflower seeds that he is just dying to plant. Hopefully, we will have some good weather soon.

This weekend we have some plans. Raptor measeum tomorrow and maybe I can convince Tim to go to the Biltmore Estate on Mother's Day. Enjoy your weekend!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

hey you!! So glad you're having fun.. it is total heaven just being back in our own country! In general I'm starting to miss the wild flowers/scenary of Sicily but so far, I am definitely thinking out life is better off here. Maybe it's our personalities :) I can't wait to see your home, you will do so much with it as you're so crafty!

It is funny what the kids find new- we realized the 2nd day back at an Arby's that Ellie wasn't eating and couldn't figure out why she was so distracted. It dawned on me that she had never (other than on vaca) eaten at a restaurant that had a big highway in front of it and she was just staring out the windows watching the cars!!

Enjoy the time you have with Tim not working and help from your mom. It seemed to go so fast!!! miss you, Val was asking about Jacob the other day!