Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Bedtime at the Clayton's

What is it about toddlers and bedtime? For many months we have had this battle at our house, Jacob doesn't want to sleep in his bed. I thought we were making progress up until Saturday night when Tim went back to work. During Tim's days off, Jacob has gotten accustomed to daddy reading to him and tucking him in. Tonight was no exception to what's been going on. Jacob decided no, he wants to sleep in the "big bed" as he calls it. I don't think he has gotten to bed before 10pm since Saturday. It's rediculous. We started at 7:30 started in his room then he wound up in mine, back to his, down stairs, "mommy I have to go potty," in the bathroom for 3 books (no success), back to his room, then he wants to be rocked, "mommy I go potty?," 3 more books (no success), tucked in again, I call mom, Jacob finds me "mommy I go potty?," I find him sitting next to the potty looking at a book "mommy I sit on ground read book?." , back to his room, 3 attempts to escape, silence. . .ahhh. 9:45pm. Good Grief! My nightly quiet time gets shorter and shorter. Potty training is slowly starting so he knows if he says he has to go I'll cater to him. Gotta love the 21/2 year old mind :)

1 comment:

Sheena said...

Carlee would say the same thing when we first started potty training! They are smart that's for sure. :) Good luck getting him on a more mommy friendly schedule! :D