Saturday, August 2, 2008

Being Crafty


I was a very busy girl this past week. First off, after quilting class last Saturday I got on this kick to just finish the thing. So, I spent many night up past 12am but I am happy to say all that I have left is the binding. Yay!! There was a day I took off because I sewed a section wrong and got mad at the whole thing. Yesterday I squared off the edges. Not easy with a full size quilt, 18in ruler and 24 in cutting mat. I spent a lot of time on the floor on my hands and knees with 3 different measuring tools. I think it is somewhat square. Now I have threads and frays all over the floor. Time to vaccum!


Today Jacob has a "Princess" birthday party to go to for one of his little girl friends who is turning 3. Over the past several months I have gotten the urge to make frames using my Stampin' Up! items of course and Cricut (electronic die-cutting machine). These have been a hit at birthday parties and baby showers. So, I decided I would show you what I came up with. This was done using SU cardstock, Stampin' Pastels, Cricut-Paper Dolls, Doodlecharms Cartidges. The big pink rectangle is for a picture of course! Pretty darn cute if I do say so myself. Sorry for my shadow in the picture. It was either that or the flash reflection.
I will be adding a section to the blog of crafty items. As many of you know I am a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. So awesome the things they come out with. I realize I need to start sharing things I make.
Have a happy weekend!

2 comments:

Sheena said...

aw that is too cute! I keep debating about one of those cricut things... I'm not sure if I'd use it enough or not. I've also been making frames and such for parties. It's so easy and fun, and saves me a drive to base. LOL =D Looking foward to seeing all your future projects! ciao!

Lindsay said...

Val loves her princess frame!!! Thanks :)