Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentines' Day

First of Happy Valentines' Day everyone! Any special plans? We are staying home. I have quilting class later and since my time is limited on the island, I really need to go. Tim is going to make Jacob and I dinner. I'll let you know how that goes tomorrow. After knowing him for 14 years, his culinary skills are not very broad. He says otherwise. Is that why when I ask him to make chicken or some other meat I always get asked "What temperature? and How long do I cook it?"

Normally we don't really celebrate Feb 14th. Some back story to that. When we were in 11th grade, on Valentines' Day I started getting roses in my morning classes. At our school you could send different colored roses/carnations to friends, boy/girl friends it was a fundraiser for a certain group. So, it was 3rd period and I get 6 flowers. I must have turned all shades of red. I embarrass easily. The slips of paper said they were from Tim but I really thought it was some of my friends playing a mean trick. Only a few knew I had a crush on Tim. By the end of the day, I found out it wasn't a joke and they really were from Tim. There was no school and a half-day or the next 2 days so we made a arrangements for our first date for Feb. 17th. A friday night. Actually wound up being a double date with Tim's best friend at the time and his girlfriend. It was such a nice night. Movie, pizza, and a walk on the beach. . . Oh and when he picked me up, he had a bunch of flowers. His parents owned a floral business at the time. Yes, he spoiled me with flowers those first years. That's why Feb. 17th is more our "Valentines' Day"/First Date Anniversary.

Have a sweet day!

1 comment:

Sheena said...

What a sweet memory! =) Happy Valentine's Day!