Thursday, February 5, 2009

Busy and In Pain!

Sorry it's been over a week with nothing to blog about. Actually that's not true. There has been plenty to report. Just no time to really do it. For the "Busy" portion of the title, I've added a new activity to Jacob's weekly line-up. "Wee Movers" It's at the gym twice a week on Monday and Wednesday afternoons for 30min. It's music/song/story/movement. Not really sure how else to describe it. I'm just tickled there is something for a boy of 3 to participate in. Tim would flip if I put Jacob in the ballet class with the little girls and sports start at age 5 here. Only down fall with this class is that it cuts into his afternoon naps that he has re-discovered. So, I have a cranky, temper tantruming kid again. I cannot win sometimes.



For the "Pain" portion of the title. . .as soon as I drop Jacob off at his pre-school class I haul butt to the gym across the parking lot for a class called "Pump It Up" strength training with free weights, bands, weighted sticks (not sure the formal name for these), it's great for someone of my size since the machines are made for average-amazon people. About a year ago I was going consistently with my dear friend Rose. She has since moved and finding the motivation to go has been. . . well, lacking. Since it's been about 6 months since I last took this class, my body is so sore. My butt, thighs, arms, all hurt. It hurts to walk up and down the steps, to get in and out of the car and go from sitting to standing. It's great and painful at the same time. I decided this past week though, I really need to get off my rear and shrink it. On Monday and Wednesdays when Jacob is at Wee Movers I hop on the treadmill/elipitical and do 30min on that. Hopefully all of this will result in toned muscles and less fat.

No comments: