Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Hope your morning was better than mine. . .

I woke up this morning to find that I could barely open my mouth. Very scary. The left side of my jaw felt like a tight rubber band. So, of course I started to get scared, then Jacob was being fussy and I could hardly talk to him. I tried to ever so carefully and slowly open my mouth but that's when the popping and pain started. Greeeeat, TMJ. I've had occassional random popping before on the left side but it lasted seconds. I called the dentist and luckily they could see me.

My next issue was finding what to do with Jacob. My neighbor moved, my other friends with little ones had already left for their Tuesday activities, the CDC was booked solid. I called Tim and luckily after 45 minutes he called back and came home.

The dentist was very nice. Of course I was thinking the worst, would they have to do surgery, manually pop my jaw back? (I have a dental phobia going back to my childhood of orthodontic work). Luckily, some stretches, Motrin, Flexerall, and a soft diet are all that are needed to hopefully regain normal use of my jaw. The dentist asked if I am having any stress. Lets see, I just finished a crazy week, havn't slept right in a few days, have company coming and a trip to Rome and 3 year old boy. Yeah, I have some stress! I can only comfortably open my mouth enough to fit in a toothbrush or spoon. Gotta love ball and socket joints! Luckily for my family this also means they don't have to listen to me LOL! So, right now I am enjoying some vanilla yogurt and waiting for the motrin to kick in.

I'll keep you updated on the situation!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

omg poor thing! I totally would have taken Jacob w/ me to pwoc! If you want him to come play tmrw let me know.. I should be home all day!!!!

feel better mama!

Sheena said...

wow! that is scary to wake up to! I didn't even notice today, I'm sorry! hope that meant you were feeling better! Thanks for the card supplies. Talk to you soon. =)