Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Weekend Update

Friday I headed to base with our company. It was nice to be childless for a little while. Tim didn't want to experience the day after Thanksgiving shopping extravaganza. I got a few Kitchenaid small appliances to replace what I had. They were 20% off plus no tax. Yay! I was going to wait on these until we move back next summer, but it was too good to pass up. I got some other things too but don't want Tim to know since they are his presents. Later in the day we all headed to Caltigerone and the mall. The weather was horrible and we go drenched. But at least they got to see some other parts of Sicily.

Yesterday we bid farewell to Amanda and Chris as they went back to the States. Actually, Amanda headed back to Texas and Chris went to visit his friend in Berlin. So, our house is quiet and lonely. I love to have visitors and it always such a let down after they leave. I am happy knowing that this summer will move us much closer to them. After a very early wake up call to the airport, the 3 of us went back home and went back to sleep for a few more hours. We headed back to the mall to pick up the best fake Christmas tree I have ever seen. After converting the 280cm to feet it comes in at a whopping 8.8ft! I know, it's GINORMOUS! And a steal at roughly $180. I'm not into the whole pre-lite tree thing, plus they always look scrawny and are way more $$$. Finally decided no more real trees. They are messy, are brown by Christmas and with Tim and Jacob's pollen allergies it just seemed like a better way to go. Just my opinion though.

Jacob is all in to Christmas this year. He looks at the tree and calls it his christmas tree. He asked Tim to make a Christmas house (we assume he meant decorate). He told me last night he wants his friends to come and see the tree. We haven't even put the lights and ornaments on it yet, wait till he sees that!

Tim has to work this evening so I am catching up on housework that got neglected over the past week. I did squeeze in a few minutes to briefly view our Rome pics. We got lots of good ones. So hopefully I can get those on here and Facebook tonight.

Thanks for Checking in.

No comments: