Thursday, November 20, 2008

Off to Rome and some other random updates.

First, an update on the TMJ situation. I now have about half of my jaw mobility back. So, I guess that is better than nothing. I really don't want to go in to the dentist tomorrow because that will just mean more meds. The Motrin is working just fine. I took 1 Flexeril and that knocked me out for half a day. To potent for little me.

As for my vacation. We leave on Saturday and return on Tuesday night. I am so excited to go to Rome because it also means seeing my sister and her husband, who I have not seen since their wedding in July 2007. I am also excited to see how Jacob does with them. That is the biggest thing I regret living overseas, all the family he is missing out on. I grew up like that, and I never wanted the same for my kids. Oh well, I guess I can relate. When we get back on Tuesday we will spend the rest of the week showing them around, Mt. Etna, Catania Market, mall (my sister will enjoy that), and Taoromina (my favorite place!).

I have a long list of places to see in the short amount of time we are in Rome. We might have to sprint from sight to sight. LOL! Seriously, there are the tourist spots to see and just the fact I am getting off this Island. After awhile it feels like living in a fishbowl. Can you tell I am over it?

We still have no orders. Humph! Seeing how we are suppossed to leave in June, we should be finding out soon. I really want to start looking for a house. I miss owning our own home. I love painting the rooms and decorating it. All in good time I suppose.

That's what's happening in my corner of the world. I'll check in again for Thanksgiving!

No comments: