Saturday, January 24, 2009




We finally got to enjoy some sunshine yesterday and Jacob got you use his new rollerblades that grandma and grandpa sent. yay! I got him all geared up with helmet, elbow and knee pads and little gloves to protect his palms. I was surprised how willing he was for me to put all this on him. He did great going up and down the street. He has the Fisher-Price training skates that allow him to wear his sneakers. They also have 3 levels of skill. He is on a 1 so the middle wheel is stationary.



Pre-school is having a great effect on Jacob. He comes home with all kinds of stories about his morning and the little girls and boys he played with. He's been more cooperative, taking naps in the afternoon again. Going to be easily at a decent time. Yay! He also just had a growth spurt. I put clothes on him the other day 2T and the sleeves were too short and his pants were looking like high waters. Now, it is with certain brands but he his pretty much in 3T. I like that he is wearing his age.


We've started talking to him about our upcoming move. It's a little over his head at this point. Sometimes he tells me "mommy, I want this house, not a new one" It's a lot for a little mind to absorb. I'm not going to bombard him with too much "new" at this point. Starting pre-school, packing up his belongs in a few months and moving to an unfamiliar area is going to have quite an impact.


As for that moving situation. . . Nothing new to report. Hummph! All in good time I suppose. I have alot to keep me busy though. Taking Jacob to school, quilting class, Stampin' Up classes, mom coming in March and going to Germany.















1 comment:

Sheena said...

so cute! that is the kind of roller blades I expected Carlee was getting from her grandpa for Christmas, but instead they were real roller blades, just super tiny!

we too have started talking to carlee about the move. she's super excited though because we'll be a few hours from my grandma. she keeps saying she wants to go to the states and get our new house now. lol I know it's still going to be a big adjustment though.

see you later!