Monday, April 27, 2009

Almost There

Hi Friends! That's right this week is the BIG MOVE. We are so excited! Jacob is finally coming to terms with the whole thing and wants to go now. He already packed his Lighting McQueen suitcase with the essentials (book, stuffed animals, blanket and cars). He told me tonight "grandma's house then new house."

We've been busy this weekend and today cleaning, sorting the last of our things, etc. Tomorrow the movers come again for our smaller shipment. Though it seemed small 2 weeks ago, it seems like we left a lot out. I'm sure it's all in my mind. Then tomorrow night we do the last of the cleaning: sweep, mop and by the looks of the weather, probably the windows again.

Wednesday we head to the hotel and Friday we leave. I plan to be MIA for a bit. Enjoying some old friends on the way to my parents, then some much needed family time for us and with my parents.

This past week has felt like the end of high school and college. You know you are done with the exams, you have the grades, you are packing up your dorm room and just waiting to walk across the stage to get that diploma. Though in this case, it's a 15 hour plane ride to the states. LOL!
I definately feel like I have paid my dues here and look forward to the big finale!


1 comment:

anglouise said...

Leaving has to be bittersweet. Leaving behind the familiar but moving on to a new chapter in life, and more importantly, moving back to the states!! just want you to know that you'll be missed. I'm glad I got the chance to know you and we'll be in touch I'm sure, considering you are my upline :)