Monday, April 20, 2009

Quilt #2




As you may remember about a year ago I started going to quilting class. In January, we got started on quilt #2. Actually, I think I started in the fall but we took a break with the holidays. Anyway, yesterday I mentioned how I wanted to get a block done before I left. Well, last night I completed one block and got carried way and made a whole row. Of course I took breaks to watch "Lost." I woke up this morning to day 4 (I lost count) of crummy weather and sewing machine was calling my name. I completed 1 more row. If I could, I would continue this all day. I love this part of the quilt when it actually starts to look like something instead of a bunch of squares. At first I though my colors wouldn't go well, but I'm liking the results. My intention in the fall was to make this into a queen size to fit our bed. Now that we have a house, I'm going in a different direction and thinking of making it smaller and for the wall. Perhaps move my Americana theme from the kitchen to living room and hanging this on one on the huge walls. We'll have vaulted ceilings so I know there will be enough room. Decisions, decisions. Hope you like!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I love quilts on walls!! (as you know). I think it softens everything and adds character, breaks up the picture frames,etc. I can't wait to see your new house!!!