Sunday, April 5, 2009

Weekend Happenings

Well, 4 weeks from today we will be in the US. So excited!! Tim is on his next to last set of 4, this started yesterday. I also, decided that Saturday would be our yard sale. Yard sales are usually more successful in Military housing if it is around a pay day. Unfortunately, I hadn't planned out the fact that Spring Break was also starting and many were on holidays to London, etc. I was up by 6:30 and thankfully Jacob slept in until almost 8am which is when the sale started. The Italian workers were the first to arrive as usual. They love our American junk! I didn't have a ton of stuff, but I did have some bulky items like Jacob's play pen, old booster seat, kitchen island, and some 220v tools and other miscellaneous stuff. I had planned to go until 1pm but around 11:40 I was left with just a small box of stuff! And a very nice chunk of change :) So happy to have unloaded all the big things I wanted to. Now we just need to find a home for our couches. Jacob did better than I expected. I was a little worried that by me doing the yard sale by myself he would be a holy terror outside but he was good. Only 2 melt downs over some toys going. He hasn't played with the stuff in ages but when he saw someone take it, that was it. I felt bad but explained it was ok to be sad but another little girl or boy would be very happy with it and he can take his money and go to the toy store when we go to America. This marginally appeassed him. Moves are hard no matter how old we are.

Last night we gathered all the financial info we need to send off to the bank for our mortgage. So fun since we've gone almost paperless with that kind of stuff. We heard back from the realtor and she is sending the contract this week and the house is basically considered ours---yay! So, I waste some of my time looking up decorating ideas on-line.

Today I have some more stuff to organize and do a little decorating for Easter. Dawned on me that Easter is next Sunday, and I haven't put decorations up for Jacob. So, I at least have a basket up now and he is happy. So much for having the holiday stuff packed.

This week we have the painter coming to fix a ceiling area in the laundry room since they didn't show up last week. Housing charges us if we aren't here when the repairmen come but if They don't show up, oh well. Same day we have the moving company coming to look at what we have to pack. I'm sure we'll have more house stuff to read, sign and send.

Have a fantastic weekend and coming week!

No comments: