Saturday, September 12, 2009

Could we be any busier?

It's been a while since I blogged, I know.  It's not for lack of anything to report.  There has been lots going on meaning less time at the computer, which is a good thing :) 

Our claims have been settled with the moving companies and we have a new kitchen set arriving this week.  I'm still working on what to do in the office about a desk. I  also have to replace some stamp items that where no where to be found during the unpacking process. That was tragic.  I went to make some card challenges and discovered my Stack n Store caddy with buttons, brads, beads, eyelets were all missing.  You don't realize how much you need and use these items until they go missing.

If you keep in contact with me via Face Book, then you know I went on an interview last week.  The job wound up being a little different from the posting.  I had a panel interview and then found out I had to do a phone interview in the afternoon.  I'll report more on that next week.

Now that fall is here, well not techically yet, but it's September so in my book it's fall, we started our paint projects.  Last weekend we painted the half-bath and Jacob's bathroom.  Today we stared Jacob's bedroom.  What a difference some color makes!  I couldn't take tan walls in every room any longer.  I'll post pics this week.

This morning we also had Jacob's first soccer game.  His team did great, my little guy even made a goal during the game!  At this age there is no keeping score.  It's just about having fun and figuring out which goal to kick the ball in.

As for my other weekly activities?  Well, I've made a habit now of getting my exercise done first thing in the morning.  After I drop Jacob off at school I head over to the gym and walk for 1 hour (3-1/2miles) around the outside walking trail.  I'm finally seeing some results so that in itself is a good motivator.  Wednesday night is Bible study and Sunday church.  My neighbor even made a comment the other morning about me being busy.  I'm trying.

The end of the week my parents are coming all the way from NC with a truck load of stuff for us.  The best part is that they are bringing little Star so she can move back in with us.  We've missed our little curly tailed 4 legged friend.  It will be nice have her around again.  I say this now, I'm sure after a few days of her getting into mischief  and dog hair everywhere again I'll change my mind.

I'll try to post some pics of the above happenings this week.

No comments: