Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a fantastic night of Trick or Treating, I know we did. The day was pretty chaotic for me. I spent all morning finishing my last minute cards for the craft portion of the base Autumn festival. I wanted to do more but time was limited and I wasn't quite sure what to expect turnoutwise. I was leaving the costume prep to Tim. He had to get Jacob to the base for 4:15 for the annual kids costume parade and Trick or Treats as the different booths. I arrived around 2pm to meet my craft table partner, Angela. It was "blustery day" to quote Winnie the Pooh. I thought it would rain at any minute but it didn't. Parking was a nightmare as it usually is with these events. I found my table and Angela found me and we set up. Tim and Jacob arrived around 4:30 and we got to go to the different organization booths to get some candy.

I stayed at our booth until a little after 7:00 and headed home to get at least a little door-to-door trick or treating in. I came home to find Tim already let Jacob get into some of his candy. . .greeeeat! We headed out and Jacob was all excited telling us which way to go. He kept telling up "I want another house to say trick or treat" soooo cute. He really got into it this year! We recycled his Spider costume from last year, which was a big hit again. Even though we got started a little late, there weren't a lot of houses giving out candy this year. I think the festival had a lot to do with it. Jacob had a great time though, and when we tried to each hold his hand to cross the street he screamed thinking we were trying to take his candy. LOL! Don't stand between a preschooler and their candy!

When we got home Jacob sat down and empty out his bag taking out each piece of candy saying "this is the perfect treat" he kills me with the stuff he says!

Note: I will post the pics later when blogger or the laptap decided to cooperate.

No comments: