Friday, October 3, 2008

It's Finally Finished!!!!


Pinwheel Pattern. Look at the Dark Green. . . see it?



Hand work on the boarders. Ugh! This was the worst part, but most rewarding in the end.

Corner folded over so you can see the back.

Yes, the quilt I've been working on since March is finally done! Yippie! Can you see me jumping up and down with happieness? I am happy with the end result. There were mistakes along the way but I learned a lot and look forward to the next one that I start at class tomorrow.





The pics you see are of my Log Cabin Quilt. I went with the "Pinwheel" pattern. I didn't see it at first but from the pictures it now stands out to me. Log Cabin quilts typically have a red center square symbolizing the heart of the home. My greens were chosen because that is Tim's favorite color and the purples because that is my favorite. Now I have an heirloom. It is a full size meant to snuggle on the couch with or throw on the bed on a cold night when I just need one more blanket. I'm sure Tim will just love that since I already like a ton of blankets.





After all this I have a new found appreciation for quilts. The time, thought and money put into them is quit a task.





Enjoy!

1 comment:

Sheena said...

very pretty!!! congrats on your first quilt! =)