Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away. . .

Come again another day. . . .Please just go and come back after June. I am so sick of rain. I think living in Florida for 15 years has had a profound affect on me that requires me to see sunshine 5 days a week. I got a call today at 11am from the base hospital that my afternoon appt would need to be rescheduled of the weather. I took care of that and was on my way to pick Jacob up from school. The base was insane as everyone was quickly trying to pick up kids and head home before the roads flooded. Luckily we live in the housing that is closer and the roads were ok. In the hour I was gone though, one spot in particular became a little precarious to drive through. I don't know how the water didn't flood my car. Hope my friends that live further safely got home.

Due to the weather and some water seeping into my living and dining room, the potential of the leavy being opened and flooding where we live, I decided to cancel my stamp club tonight and tomorrow. Don't you know, the sun is know trying to come out. Geez! Darned if I do, darned if I don't.

So, that's the recap of today. Now, you might be wondering where I've been since 2008? Here, 2009 didn't start off particularly well. I won't go into details as it is personal. I don't want to rehash the whole thing. Just know that we are all well.

The missing Christmas presents finally all trickled in between Dec. 31-yesterday. Grandpa, who landed in the hospital (few posts back) is now back in New Jersey doing well. We heard from the recruiting command and Tim has some stuff to complete by the end of January. We need to call the office in Atlanta and find out where exactly we will go. So happy the ball is rolling on that. I've started doing some packing already. The Christmas stuff is all tucked away. I've started to go through my office/crap/craft room and throw stuff out and sort for my craft yard sale. I'm a pack rat and that room looks like a hurricane came through it. One of my best friends forever (27 years) came to visit last Monday. We tried to make the best of the week, but the weather put a damper on most of the trip, as did my 1-day personal issue stated above. Most activities and places to visit here require being outside. Jacob started pre-school last Tuesday. I'll post separately on that. My mom made her plane reservations for March, Yay! I've reserved 5 days at a resort in Germany for all of us. I am so excited!

Hope that catches you up to speed on what's been going on.

2 comments:

Sheena said...

I'm so glad this is my last rainy season here too. ugh!

Don't worry about canceling club nights, I heard we are supposed to get a big storm tonight.

Glad your Grandpa is doing better!

Whatever you were going through, I'm glad everything is okay now. See you later!

The Monahans said...

Housing flooded again?!!! Ugh! Did everyone get some water in their house or just you because you luckily live on that side of the complex? :) Hope you are well!