Monday, March 16, 2009

Middle of March already?!

Hello blog followers! I thought today I would share what's been going on with our personal life, move progress, etc. First, I cannot believe it is the middle of March already. Wow! I am super excited about this as it means we are that much closer getting back to the States. On the other hand it means the dreaded packing.

Tomorrow my mom comes. I am really excited about her visit. I'm a mama's girl and I haven't seen my mom in 2 years. I can hardly believe it has been that long. She and dad have been busy, and after my last trip for Amanda's wedding in July 07, I said I would try to stick it out in Italy. I'm quite proud that I've done it. Anyway, she gets in tomorrow and then Thursday we all head up to Germany for 5 days of sight seeing. Tim really needs the break from the stress of work, I want to get off the island, and I want mom to see that Europe is not all like Sicily.

Jacob is plugging along. Enjoying pre-school 2 times a week. All 4 teachers he started with in January have left with moves, etc. He seems to be doing fine with the turnover. He is finally potty trained during the day. Still has occassional accidents at night. He knows about the move but of course doesn't want to leave the only house he has ever known. Remember, he was only 7 months old when we came here. So, Sicily is all he really knows. He hasn't been to the states since he was 20months old. He's in for quite the treat.

Tim is going to work and spends his down time reading, on the computer, and diving. I think it's how he destresses and doesn't think about moving. :)

And me, I spend my time picking up after Tim and Jacob. Packing some little odds and ends. Going through rooms sorting what we keep, yard sale, and thrift store. I have boxes in rooms for this very thing. I cannot believe what we've accumulated. Again, having a kid adds a lot of stuff. I know have about 3 plastic containers of outgrown clothes and that many more of toys. I don't dare get rid of them in case we have another boy in the future.

As for our move details. LOL! I laugh because to date we still have no idea what city we are going to. We meet with the moving office March 31st. We then schedule the packout within 2 weeks of that date. I'm thinking before Easter we have our stuff taken care of. We found someone to buy our 2nd car. Yay! Our dog, Rusty, is still up for grabs. Our tickets are being dealt with in Naples. Sounds like around May 1st we will be flying out though. So, its really all on schedule. If we can just get the detail of the city taken care of I can start looking for houses. Thankfully, my parents will be taking us in until we close on a house/July 22nd. Whichever comes first. At least I get along with them.

I'll be MIA for a bit. Hopefully when I return I'll have more info.

No comments: