Thursday, March 5, 2009

St. Patty's Day

Happy Thursday! Recently, I realized I had no St. Patrick's Day stamp sets. So, I improvised. Did you know you can make a shamrock from heart shapes? I stamped the large heart from SU's "Love You Much" 3 times in Kiwi Kiss ink on whisper white cardstock. I cut the stem from a scrap of kiwi kiss. The card base is, you guessed it, kiwi kiss. Now, I'm not a fan of kiwi kiss, but with the right pairing it grows on me. Green has never been at the top of my favorite colors. Sorry to digress, after that a layer of glorious green. The "Lucky" definintion is from the "Define Your Life" set by SU. That was stamped using glorious green ink. Now, after all that, I stepped back, studied the card. Left the room, came back. It looked blah. I hate blah cards. Needed a little something. So, I remembered I had some fine cosmo glitter. I dotted some of the flower centers on the hears with Tombow multi purpose glue and sprinkled the celery glitter on the glue (it's hard to see in the photo). Still needed something, so I whipped out the Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon. And voila!

No comments: